Ink Cartridges & Printing Problems - Poor Print Quality
Why are there faint areas or gaps in my print out?
* Unlikely, but your paper may need changing due to its deterioration due to its age.
* Check that the type of paper you are using in your printer matches ('Media Type') the setting in the printer software 'Main Menu' or 'Print' dialog box.
* You may need to clean the print head nozzles. These can be cleaned by employing the 'Head Cleaning' utility from within the printer software interface you get when you want to print or by going via the 'Control Panel' (found via 'My Computer') and selecting the printers section. After the cleaning operations are carried out by the printer, a check pattern will be printed to show that the ink cartridge nozzles are clean. If there are still poor quality areas, repeat the operation.
I have white horizontal lines appearing?
* You may need to clean the print head nozzles - see above
* If your printer has a light flashing indicating low ink levels for a cartridge, then change it.
* Check that the type of paper you are using in your printer ('Media Type') matches the setting in the printer software 'Main Menu' or 'Print' dialog box. The colors are not what I thought they'd be?
* Clean your print head nozzles - see above
* You've not chosen the color option in your printer software interface. This has happened to me many times. By default, my printer software had black selected for all printing.
* Specific types of paper have one side only that can be printed on. Ensure that it is loaded correctly in your printer.
* Check that the type of paper you are using in your printer ('Media Type') matches the setting in the printer software 'Main Menu' or 'Print' dialog box.
* What you see on your monitor will never be identical to what you get on your print out. It shouldn't be that far out, but if it is, then you you may have a color calibration issue between your monitor and software package that you are using.
Never buy brand name ink cartridges. Get what are called compatible ink cartridges. They are much cheaper and produce the same quality results. www.ink-cartridge-store.com shows you the range of such products available nowadays.
In my experience, if you use your ink cartridges infrequently, then you will find yourself having to use the cleaning utilities practically every time you do use them. So I suggest printing out a b/w and color text page (say, 200 words with black, red, blue and yellow colors) on a regular basis (once a week?) even if you are not using the printer. You will save ink in the long run as the cleaning utility will use a lot more than your weekly maintenance pages.
This article may be reproduced in its entirety provided the resource paragraph below is included with the url kept active.
About the Author
(c) Paul Curran, CEO of Cuzcom Internet Publishing Group and webmaster at Ink Cartridge Store, providing discount ink cartridge supplies and laser toner products.
How to optimize your video for the web
About distributing your AVI movies
Gain Control Over Your Screensavers With This Simple Steps
Gain control over your screensavers with this simple steps
Those Annoying Spam Emails
Common Spam Emails
Manufacturing Outsourcing: Microsoft Great Plains implementation, customization & reporting – overview for consultant
Data Backup For Beginners
More on Vector Graphics
Important Steps to Protect your Computer from Hurricanes
Burning Bridges is Bad, But Firewalls are Good
Lowering The Risks In Developing123
Identify your Two Rich Horses
Baby Shower Hostess Etiquette
Iozoo Web Directory